Thursday, March 14, 2013

A New Wooden Deck for My Mother's House in Atlanta

Ysterday, I went to visit my mother for lunch in her beautiful home in the midtown Atlanta.  It's kind of a weekly ritual for me to have lunch with her since my father passed away, I feel it's my duty as a good daughter to see her at least once a week.

As I pulled in her driveway, I noticed these trucks that had the logo of a lizard with the name "Dixon Group Services" on it.  Several construction workers were also moving back and forth from the trucks to the backyard carrying pieces of lumber.

As I went into the house, my mother was inside talking to this man whih is when when I noticed that my mother was adding a deck to her home.

It looks like I was worried for nothing about my mother not being able to take care of herself as she was out there commanding these Atlanta deck contractors like a general in an army.

I asked her what that was all about and she told me that she haad decided to build a deck so that she would have an excuse to throw barbecues and invite her sons and daughter over more often.  Or at least, it was a way for us kids to visitor her more often as she also planned on installing a pool to the deck.

Ha ha ha, my Mom is quite the ingenius person.

No comments:

Post a Comment